Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore enhanced LinkedIn ads targeting tools, as well as Pinterest business profile and shopping updates with guests AJ Wilcox and Jeff Sieh.
Tune In to the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch the replay of this week’s show below.
powered by Crowdcast
About Our Special Guests
- Jeff Sieh is the owner and creative director at His Design, Inc., “Head Beard” at Manly Pinterest Tips, and host of the Manly Pinterest Tips podcast. Jeff is also on the social team at Social Media Examiner.
- AJ Wilcox is the world’s leading LinkedIn ads expert and author of LinkedIn Ads Demystified. He’s also the founder of B2Linked.com, a LinkedIn ads agency.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 4:40 Pinterest Announces New Shop the Look Collection Ads, an Updated Business Profile Format, and Global Catalogues
- 13:45 Pinterest Makes It Easier for Groups to Organize and React to Boards
- 18:30 Pinterest Rolls Out Improvements to Lens and Brings Shoppable Pins to Visual Search Results
- 21:49 Pinterest Rolls Out Dark Mode
- 26:28 LinkedIn Ads Introduces Enhanced Targeting Tools and Reporting Features for Campaign Manager
- 36:33 LinkedIn Introduces All-in-One Insights Hubs for Marketers
Pinterest Announces New Shop the Look Collection Ads, an Updated Business Profile Format, and Global Catalogues: Pinterest will soon release Shop the Look ads in a new collections format for mobile in the U.S. over the coming months. It’s extending Catalogues to select partners starting in France, Germany, Spain, and Italy. With Catalogues, businesses can upload their full catalog to Pinterest and automatically turn their products into shoppable product pins.
Shop the Look Ads on @Pinterest: “You can choose which other Pins you want to associate with any given image, like a store window front, and they can all be shoppable.” – @AndreaMallard at #AWNewYork https://t.co/ItxBZnMD4y
— Pinterest Business (@pinterestbiz) September 24, 2019
Pinterest also introduced a new, more dynamic business profile that puts a business’s pins and products front and center. The updated business profile format enables users to customize their profile cover with video or images “to more effectively highlight their brand story and engage Pinners” and a dedicated Shop tab.
Pinterest Makes It Easier for Groups to Organize and React to Boards: Pinterest makes it possible for group board collaborators to better express how they feel about pins with an expanded range of Reactions. These include a pair of clapping hands and a thumbs-down option, in addition to the heart that’s always been available.
— Engadget UK (@EngadgetUK) September 19, 2019
Pinterest is also rolling out a new feature that gives you a way to sort by Most Reactions and Most Comments, helping you quickly find the most popular or unpopular ideas.
Pinterest Rolls Out Improvements to Lens and Brings Shoppable Pins to Visual Search Results: The new Lens design makes it easier and faster to take a photo or quickly upload a photo from your camera roll. Pinterest users can also now save photos from Lens, turn them into a pin, and save them to boards.
1. Find inspiration IRL
2. Snap a photo
3. See more of what you love 💕
— Pinterest (@Pinterest) September 18, 2019
Pinterest also announced that using Lens to zero in on specific fashion or home products surfaces shoppable product pins for similar products users can try or buy. These latest updates “make it easy to go from inspiration to purchase, whether that inspiration sparks on Pinterest or in the real world.”
Pinterest Rolls Out Dark Mode: Pinterest launched Dark Mode, a new feature that darkens the Pinterest interface across the app. This new feature is available globally on the latest versions of Pinterest on iOS and Android.
Dark mode is here.
— Pinterest (@Pinterest) September 30, 2019
LinkedIn Ads Introduces Enhanced Targeting Tools and Reporting Features for Campaign Manager: In March 2019, LinkedIn introduced lookalike audiences, interest targeting with Bing search insights, and audience templates for ads. This week, LinkedIn is “taking that up a notch” by adding more sophisticated audience targeting and reporting features to Campaign Manager.
LinkedIn Introduces All-in-One Insights Hubs for Marketers: LinkedIn announced a new Insights and Research feature, a new centralized hub to help marketers enhance their social media marketing strategies with LinkedIn insights.
Other News Mentioned
- Facebook Rallies Internal Support Against Critics, Discusses New Products, and More. Read analysis of the leaked audio from Mari Smith on her Facebook page.