The most-tweeted-about Chiefs players this season were:
- Patrick Mahomes
- Tyrann Mathieu
- Tyreek Hill
And for the 49ers:
The top-tweeted Chiefs games this season were:
- Jan. 19, American Football Conference Championship, Tennessee Titans at Chiefs
- Jan. 12, AFC Divisional round, Houston Texans at Chiefs
- Oct. 18, Chiefs at New England Patriots
And the 49ers’ top-tweeted games were:
- Jan. 19, National Football Conference Championship, Green Bay Packers at 49ers
- Jan. 11, NFC Divisional round, Minnesota Vikings at 49ers
- Dec. 29, Seattle Seahawks at 49ers
The top-tweeted moments of the season for the Chiefs were:
- Winning the AFC Championship
- Mahomes running for a touchdown at the end of the first half during the AFC Championship
- Mahomes completing a 60-yard touchdown pass to Sammy Watkins during the AFC Championship
The 49ers’ top-tweeted moments of this season were:
- Winning the NFC Championship
- Beating the Seahawks Dec. 29 to clinch a first-round bye
- Beating the Vikings Jan. 11 to advance to the NFC Championship
The most-tweeted Chiefs-related hashtags were:
And the season’s most-tweeted 49ers hashtags were:
The most-retweeted tweets from @Chiefs were:
The most-retweeted tweets from @49ers were:
Twitter also shared the heat map at the top of this story, displaying the volume of tweets about each team on a state-by-state basis.
On the scene, Twitter Sports is teaming up with the NFL’s The Checkdown on Radio Row, producing customized content featuring NFL players, sports media and celebrities, which will be distributed via @thecheckdown.
Twitter said its studio features a multiscreen interactive tweet wall that will display real-time data, statistics and conversations, personalized to the subject of the customized content.
The social network’s space will also provide phone chargers, Wi-Fi, snacks and an upstairs space where guests can relax.
Twitter rolled out several hashtag-triggered emojis for the Big Game, which can be activated by including #SuperBowl, #SBLIV, #NFLHonors, #GoNiners or #ChiefsKingdom in tweets.
Finally, the winning team will take home not only the Vince Lombardi Trophy, but also the Twitter Emoji Trophy, giving it a special hashtag-triggered emoji that will remain active until the winner of Super Bowl LV is crowned.