The video creation platform teamed up with several celebrities and creators on #HappyAtHome: LIVE!, one week of nightly programming starting Monday at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET and continuing every evening at that time through Friday.
TikTok U.S. head of content programming Greg Justice said in a blog post, “The goal is simple: Share in a bit of levity, provide some comfort and embrace the responsibility we all have to do the right thing by staying inside and stopping the spread. There’s a lot we can’t do right now, but this is one small way we can all help each other during these trying times.”
This week’s #HappyAtHome: LIVE! schedule is:
- Motivation Monday: Inspirational talks, workouts, dance classes and cooking tips featuring Tyra Banks, Eitan Bernath, Derek Hough, Arnold Schwarzenegger and tWitch & Allison Holker.
- Kick Back Tuesday: Game night, makeup tutorials and chat sessions with some of TikTok’s most popular creators, including Charli D’Amelio, Loren Gray, Addison Rae and Adam Ray.
- Show & Tell Wednesday: Hear from Dear Evan Hansen star Jordan Fisher, step into magic tricks with Zach King, keep it real with iconic actress and entrepreneur Tracee Ellis Ross and more.
- EduTok Thursday: Thoughtful conversations, advice and life tips from Dr. Phil and Bill Nye, as well as livestreamed question-and-answer sessions with the World Health Organization, which kicked off last week.
- Sound Check Friday: Intimate performances from artists including Kelsea Ballerini, Jason Derulo, DJ Khaled, Grammy Award winner and host Alicia Keys, Lauv, Megan Thee Stallion, Troye Sivan, Hailee Steinfeld, Meghan Trainor and Yungblud.
#HappyAtHome: LIVE! can be accessed via the Happy at Home banner on the TikTok Discover page or by searching #happyathome in the application.
Justice wrote, “We hope #HappyAtHome: LIVE! will not only help us embrace the importance of social distancing, but also bring some genuine comfort and connection in a very isolating moment in time … This is a difficult time for the world as a whole, but it’s also possible for our shared sense of concern to be a commonality that brings us closer. It’s on us to come together as a community, understand how we’re all still connected and recognize the importance of helping support, encourage and even uplift one another. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay #HappyAtHome.”